Currently Browsing: Feathers
Want a bite of Christmas? Here you go.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- Juice and zest of one lemon OR 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Gingerbread Bars
- In mixer, cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add molasses, vanilla and egg and blend well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add. Mix well.
- Press into well-greased 10 x 15 rimmed jellyroll pan. Dough will be stiff and sticky. If needed, wet hands to press dough down evenly.
- Bake @ 325 for 16-18 minutes, or until slightly underdone. Do not overbake.
- Cool slightly, then cut into squares or diamond shapes.
- Top with lemon glaze.
- Lemon Gaze
- In saucepan, add lemon juice an zest, sugar and butter. Cook until butter is melted.
- Add whipping cream and heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add powdered sugar to the mixture and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour over slightly cooled bars.
I’ve always loved Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah, but now there’s a Christmas version too. I think I like it even better. 🙂
I’ve been meaning to share this peanut brittle recipe forever, because it’s one of the easiest candies you can make, and everyone seems to love it. I’ve also been meaning to post a Valentine’s Day recipe … and don’t[...]
So … my grandson loves Iron Man. I would prefer him to still be content with Mickey and Minnie, but he’s moved on, and in a big way. Almost every day, he asks, “Can we go to Target and look at Iron Man?” This, while clutching[...]