Currently Browsing: Christmas
Want a bite of Christmas? Here you go.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- Juice and zest of one lemon OR 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Gingerbread Bars
- In mixer, cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add molasses, vanilla and egg and blend well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add. Mix well.
- Press into well-greased 10 x 15 rimmed jellyroll pan. Dough will be stiff and sticky. If needed, wet hands to press dough down evenly.
- Bake @ 325 for 16-18 minutes, or until slightly underdone. Do not overbake.
- Cool slightly, then cut into squares or diamond shapes.
- Top with lemon glaze.
- Lemon Gaze
- In saucepan, add lemon juice an zest, sugar and butter. Cook until butter is melted.
- Add whipping cream and heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add powdered sugar to the mixture and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour over slightly cooled bars.
I’ve always loved Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah, but now there’s a Christmas version too. I think I like it even better. 🙂
So … my grandson loves Iron Man. I would prefer him to still be content with Mickey and Minnie, but he’s moved on, and in a big way. Almost every day, he asks, “Can we go to Target and look at Iron Man?” This, while clutching[...]
Well, that’s not technically correct, because only God can make a birch tree. And I have all the more respect for Him after it took me hours and hours to make ten fake birch trees.
You may never need this information, but then again, perhaps[...]
I’m about to divulge my secret recipe … the one that has men fighting over the gallon-sized baggie holding these little treasures, and women hinting that they could eat another, and children sneaking their hands up over the counter and[...]