Currently Browsing: Dessert
Want a bite of Christmas? Here you go.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- Juice and zest of one lemon OR 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Gingerbread Bars
- In mixer, cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add molasses, vanilla and egg and blend well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add. Mix well.
- Press into well-greased 10 x 15 rimmed jellyroll pan. Dough will be stiff and sticky. If needed, wet hands to press dough down evenly.
- Bake @ 325 for 16-18 minutes, or until slightly underdone. Do not overbake.
- Cool slightly, then cut into squares or diamond shapes.
- Top with lemon glaze.
- Lemon Gaze
- In saucepan, add lemon juice an zest, sugar and butter. Cook until butter is melted.
- Add whipping cream and heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add powdered sugar to the mixture and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour over slightly cooled bars.
A lot of people shy away from pies because they’re afraid of making the crust. But what if I told you it was possible to make really flaky, really delicious pie crust with only three ingredients? Not so scared now, huh.
This is my go-to recipe[...]
So … let’s pretend that instead of being August 17th, it’s MARCH 17th. Because if we do that, then I won’t be five months late in posting this St. Patrick’s Day recipe. Which I am.
I made these for the first time this year,[...]
And it is a VERY good morning. Last night I finished a gigantic project. The moment I sent off the last file, I shut my laptop (my loaner laptop, that is. But that’s another story), wrapped a blanket around my shoulders, and went[...]
Seeing as how I’m going to be throwing a lotta lotta healthy recipes at you in the coming weeks (and hopefully, forever after that … fingers crossed!), I figured I’d better get this moist, decadent chocolate-ness out of the way right[...]