My New Favorite Sandwich: Cuban Sliders
This was this afternoon’s football fare. Yes. I know they’re ugly and messy. But they’re also delicious! I don’t want to mislead you. These were fabulous in large part to the homemade garlic-pepper-dill pickles you see below. But if you didn’t have the foresight to can your own pickles in preparation for this recipe, I don’t think anyone will complain if you use another type of pickle. But come next August, let’s talk about canning your own.
Plop the tops over all.
Pour the buttery concoction over the top.
Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes @ 350. When the timer dings, remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes.
Dish up. We don’t care that it’s messy … we really don’t.
- slider buns (I got mine from WalMart)
- sliced ham (one 8 oz pkg should be enough)
- sliced Swiss cheese (8 oz)
- your favorite dill pickle, sliced in rounds
- 1 stick of butter
- garlic powder
- 3 TBSP minced onions
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- Lay the slider bottoms in a big-enough pan.
- Top with shredded ham slices (just shred them to fit each bun. You can skip this step, but then you'll need to cut through the ham when you divvy these up.)
- Top with Swiss cheese and pickle slices.
- Top with ... well, tops.
- Melt butter; add minced onions
- Add garlic powder (1 TBSP or so)
- Add about 2 TBSP Dijon mustard. Stir well.
- Pour over tops of sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes @ 350.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.