After all,” they said, “would you expect the Messiah to do more miraculous signs than this man has done?”
To read today’s portion of scripture, you can purchase The One Year Bible or find the following in your Bible:
1 Samuel 14:1-52
That’s a good question. Who could (or would) do more than Jesus had done? Who could top the healings, the feedings, the teachings that He did?
I love the list David Guzik compiled for this. Here’s what he had to say about this passage:
“It is fair to ask, who has done more than Jesus? If Jesus isn’t the Messiah, then when Messiah comes, will he…
· Do more miracles than Jesus?
· Teach with more insight and authority than Jesus?
· Love more remarkably than Jesus?
· Suffer with more courage than Jesus?
· Atone for more sinners than Jesus?
· Raise from the dead with more triumph than Jesus?
· Ascend to heaven in greater glory than Jesus?
· Present a greater Gospel than Jesus?
· Change more lives than Jesus?
· Free more addictions than Jesus?
· Comfort more grief-stricken hearts than Jesus?
· Heal more broken hearts than Jesus?
· Restore more marriages than Jesus?
· Triumph over more tyrants than Jesus?
· Gain more followers than Jesus?
None of this is possible. No one can do more than Jesus did, and He deserves all our confidence, life, and faith as Messiah.