Want a bite of Christmas? Here you go.
NOTE*** I’ve tried everything I can think of, but ZipList won’t let me update the recipe. Please note that there is just 1 teaspoon of baking soda in this recipe. Thanks for catching that, Amy! 🙂
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- Juice and zest of one lemon OR 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Gingerbread Bars
- In mixer, cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add molasses, vanilla and egg and blend well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add. Mix well.
- Press into well-greased 10 x 15 rimmed jellyroll pan. Dough will be stiff and sticky. If needed, wet hands to press dough down evenly.
- Bake @ 325 for 16-18 minutes, or until slightly underdone. Do not overbake.
- Cool slightly, then cut into squares or diamond shapes.
- Top with lemon glaze.
- Lemon Gaze
- In saucepan, add lemon juice an zest, sugar and butter. Cook until butter is melted.
- Add whipping cream and heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add powdered sugar to the mixture and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour over slightly cooled bars.